Saturday 19 September 2009

CD covers

I have decided to do a CD cover for MGMT and so I have been looking for inspiration from other bands of the same genre. Most of these album covers are done in the same style, of which I would like to incorporate on my CD cover. From my research I have found out that bands can make there CD covers look like whatever they like and it does not necessarily have to have a picture of the band and can be cartoons or any graphic images.


Kids in Glass Houses ,Blur, Coldplay













MGMT, Pink Floyd ,The Editors













In all these albums there is no actual image of the band or artist, I think this works very well because from my research I have found out that these sort of album covers are more rememberble and also perhaps have deeper, metaphorical meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment