Tuesday 1 September 2009

Locations

I've looked at many different locations for my video and have narrowed it down to 4 main locations, I thought by having different locations it would be very diverse,maintain the audiences attention and also match the visuals with the lyrics of the song.


Field





I think by having a field in my film would be a good idea as a field is a common location for many music videos and ones that I believe have been successful for example;

I also think by filming in a field, it video will link into the story behind the song of being in dream like atmosphere and escaping from the reality of life. The lyrics also reveal a fantasy like feel which should be reflected in the video so therefore I think filming segments of the video in a field would be a good idea.I also have easy access to film in a field, and think the idea is very unique and it wont be a common location.


Playground/park







By having a playground in my video I believe that this would add a childish aspect into the film and would be quite imaginative by also matching with the visuals with the lyrics. From my research I found out that my target audience thought this would be an ideal location for my film, they liked how it reminiscent of being younger and having fun in a playground.
It would also have deeper meaning of having fun and not forgetting your childhood and family like the song does, about having fun and the playground will help achieve this.


Town









Another location would be Hitchin town, I think this would also be an ideal location as it would be easy to film here, and we would not need to gain permission to film here. I think filming in Hitchin would be a good idea as it would be a good place to begin the interpretation of the lyrics, the peacefulness of the town would help me generate cheerful pitches from the song.
The many parks and rivers in Hitchin would help us create the high contrast the difference between adulthood and childhood the song highlights.

London- tube station


I have thought about filming some segments of the film in London tube station as it would be the perfect location to intepretate the busyness of adult life, it would also match the visuals with the lyrics ' Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute' it would everyone look robotlike highlighting that adultlife is monotomous and the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment