Friday 2 October 2009

Animation

I am thinking of adding some animation to the finished film when editing, I have looked at 3D animation before once and feel it would enhance the idea of keeping it imaginative and enhance the idea of having a dream like atmosphere in the video.

I think by having hand drawn animation it will create a unique affect will be original to the film itself. The animation will also link in well with the imagination of the song. I will draw these myself, I will mainly draw mythical and fantasy creatures such as fairies and goblins this will be adding into the effect of illusion and fantasy's that will let the audiences mind roam free.

I have a software on my computer already that I will use, it is for 3D animation software that will enable me to make any digital models with any design that I have drawn on it. Examples of 3D animation has been used in many successful films like Toys Story, Shrek and Pocoyo. The advantage of using 3D animation rather than 2D is that 3D can create images that seem real the viewer whilst 2D appears like a cartoon and the techniques tend to focus on image manipulation. I can also use clay animation that uses figures in clay although I think by doing this I will achieve the look I want to in my film and it will be hard to manipulate how the clay looks with the actual film.

Many music videos have used animation in them and have proved to be successful. The main video which got my influence for using animation in my film was 'Go to sleep By Radiohead it featured 3D animation of a red rose swaying in the wind, and proceeds to show Thom Yorke sitting in a park bench singing the song while around him men and women walk by rapidly, towards the middle of the video the buildings suddenly start to crumble into pieces and moments later reassemble themselves, only to become modern in style. I particularly liked this video as it achieved everything revealing the narrative of the song and also the video is very unique and not another video with the artist lip syncing.
















I have also got my inspriation from is the music video 'Take on me, By A-ha'. It features a pencil sketch animation/ live action, the video starts with a young girl reading a comic in a coffee shop, the comic contains a narrative about a motorcycle racing with a hero is pursed by two villians, the comic in the book winks at the girl. Then the graphical repr
esentation of a hand reaches out through the comic book and invites the girl into the animation world. I loved this idea of combining both worlds into one video, the video was very successful and won six awards in MTV video music awards.











No comments:

Post a Comment