Wednesday 18 November 2009

Possible CD Covers

Below are some possible CD covers I have designed them to fit in with the bands image and to match with the song, and the songs that will be on their album.
I think album covers that are original have a lasting effect on the audience and are most visually attractive, therefore attracting audience into buying their album. So I have decided to do something original but also something that will match to there songs, but I also wanted to try and keep it fairly simple and simplicity attracts attention and will be eye catching.

This is one I have designed on Photo plus and Paint software, the cover is made up of a series of photographs and drawings to create a fantasy/ random effect. The whole of the cover is meant to portray imagination and the idea of 'pretending' and keeping the idea of child like behaviour.
I used lots of bright and vibrant coloured images to catch the audiences eye and to also create a happy mood by looking at it. I have collage lots of different, random images of all kinds of people and objects, such as flowers,animals, cartoon pictures and children.
The background for this cover its imaginative and a childlike atmosphere, the narrative im trying to protray with this cover is a hippy image as this is MGMTs look.








After designing some CD covers I will narrow them down to a few and ask some of the target audience to decide on which one they like the best. I am designing them on paint, and a few I have decided to draw myself, I want to keep in the theme of imagination and fantasy.






This cover is made up of a photograph of MGMT that I have traced the picture of them out on photo plus software, I then copied the drawing out in a black colour. Although I do like this CD cover I don't think it matches with their songs as well as their image as well. At first glance it seems boring and they do not appear to be indie singers,after asking students in my year what they thought of this CD cover, although a lot of them liked the way it was designed many people agreed that it did not match well with the genre of the music or MGMT's image. One person said thought the band looked like a folk singers, so therefore I will not be using this particular CD cover although I may use some of software for designed the art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment